Current practices (Summer 2018)
Practices are currently open to absolutely everyone – beginners are welcome even if a practice is aimed primarily towards a certain ability level. Please come along ready to warm up at the start time below and bring along a light and dark shirt, some water, a disc if you’ve got one, and a pair of cleats (studded boots).
- Sunday practice and pickup
Sundays 11:00 – 13:30
- Throwing drills and pickup
Tuesdays 18:00 – 20:00
- Open and Women’s practice (primarily for intermediate and above skill levels)
Thursdays 18:00 – 20:00
*Practices will sometimes be moved to Parker’s Piece or Coldham’s Common, often at short notice. Keep up to date by joining the Camdisc mailing list.
The club has an elected position on the executive committee dedicated to growing the sport of Ultimate in Cambridge, and we’re always keen to get involved with sports outreach. If you’ve got an event planned or a group of students, colleagues or friends who are interested in trying out Ultimate, just get in touch and we’ll do our best to help.
Past outreach events:
- Mar 2016: Ultimate taster session for Long Road Sixth Form College, Cambridge
- Feb 2016: CUSU’s Schadowing Scheme Sports sessions
- July 2015: GLL Sports Foundation’s Family Open Day, Cambridge
- July 2014: Throwing taster sessions at Downing College’s Alumni Weekend Family Fun Day
- July and August 2014: ‘Sports and societies’ afternoons for the Cambridge Sutton Trust Summer Schools
- July 2014: Sport Zone at Cambridge Big Weekend 2014 @ Parker’s Piece
- July 2014: Ultimate taster session for 26th Cambridge Scout Group
- May 2014: Ultimate taster session for Histon Beaver Scouts @ Impington Village College
- August 2013: Urban Festival 2 with ChYpPS, Cambridge City Council @ Jesus Green
- May 2013: Ultimate taster session for St. Faith School, Cambridge